In March 1867 George Nurse moved from Fort Klamath to the banks of the Link River where it flows into Lake Ewauna. There he started a trading post and a ferry service. He named his new settlement Linkville which was later renamed Klamath Falls. This is the 150th anniversery of that historic event.
For more of the story, click on the picture of George Nurse to read The Oregon History Project on George Nurse created by the Oregon Historical Society